- What is the best Broadway musical of all time?
- How much does it cost to see a Broadway show?
- What is the number one screen to stage?
- What is the longest running musical of all time?
- How many hours is the longest Broadway show?
- Why is Hamilton still so expensive?
- What is the most successful musical ever?
- What is the shortest musical?
- Why is Broadway so expensive?
- What is the most successful movie musical to date?
- Do Broadway actors get days off?
- What is the second longest running Broadway show?
- What are the 5 longest running shows on Broadway?
- What is the most expensive Broadway show?
What is the best Broadway musical of all time?
Top Ten Best Broadway Shows Ever MadeHamilton.
The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway’s number one smash hit since its release.
The Phantom of the Opera.
The Book of Mormon.
West Side Story.
Kinky Boots.More items….
How much does it cost to see a Broadway show?
Regular Price tickets generally range from $20 to $175. You can expect to pay higher prices for the best seats to hit shows on weekend nights. On the other hand, you can save money if you’re willing to sit in upper-level mezzanine seats or be flexible about performance dates and times.
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961) It isn’t just one of the best movie musicals of all time – it’s one of the best movies of all time.
What is the longest running musical of all time?
The FantasticksThe Fantasticks, 1960, m Harvey Schmidt, l Tom Jones (17,162) Longest-running musical in history.
How many hours is the longest Broadway show?
five hoursAccording to NYU arts professor Laurence Maslon, O’Neill likely wrote the longest play in Broadway history that was not divided into different parts requiring multiple tickets — the 1928 psychological drama “Strange Interlude,” which had nine acts and ran more than five hours.
Why is Hamilton still so expensive?
Based on this, Hamilton tickets are expensive because there are a lot of people who want to see it. As a result, the demand curve for Hamilton tickets is further to the right than the demand curve for something less in-demand, thus making for higher prices.
What is the most successful musical ever?
The Lion KingWorldwide revenueRankMusicalGross revenue (US$)1The Lion King$8,251,556,7002The Phantom of the Opera$6,060,000,0003Wicked$3,530,000,0004Cats$2,865,624,0916 more rows
What is the shortest musical?
List#TitleOpening date1.A Broadway MusicalDecember 21, 19781.A Teaspoon Every Four HoursJune 14, 19691.BillyMarch 22, 19691.Blood Red RosesMarch 22, 197063 more rows
Why is Broadway so expensive?
1) Because People Are Buying Tickets. It’s pretty much as simple as that – ticket pricing is set at the maximum that people are willing to pay, and attendance figures for Broadway shows (both musicals and non-musicals) has only gone up over the years.
What is the most successful movie musical to date?
Here are the highest-ranking movie musicals of all time.8 La La Land.7 Chicago.6 Mary Poppins Returns.5 The Greatest Showman.4 Grease.3 Aladdin (2019)2 The Lion King (2019)1 Beauty and the Beast (2017)More items…•
Do Broadway actors get days off?
Answer: A typical Broadway show rehearses six days a week for eight hours a day — from around 10 AM-6 PM. The actors work for seven of those hours, and the rest is breaks. … “That’s the preferences of the director as well as the actors.
What is the second longest running Broadway show?
List#TitlePerformances1.The Phantom of the Opera13,3702.Chicago (1996 revival)9,6923.The Lion King9,3024.Cats7,48551 more rows
What are the 5 longest running shows on Broadway?
The Longest-Running Broadway Shows of All-Time:The Phantom of the Opera. Total Shows: 13358 (and still running) … Chicago (Revival) Total Shows: 9682 (and still running) … The Lion King. Total Shows: 9291 (and still running) … Cats. Total Shows: 7485. … Wicked. Total Shows: 6825 (and still running) … Les Miserables. … A Chorus Line. … Oh!More items…•
What is the most expensive Broadway show?
Not only has it saved Alexander Hamilton from obscurity, it’s sold out until January 2017 and tickets are over $1,000, far and away the highest prices in Broadway history.